#LIONSROAR Competition Full Terms and Conditions
17th August 2018 by Sam Burnand
The Competition will run from 09.00AM GMT on 17th August 2018 (the “Starting Date”) and the “Closing Time” will be 12 noon GMT on 28th August 2018 (the “Closing Date”) (collectively the “Competition Period”). For the avoidance of doubt no entries will be counted before or beyond the Competition Period. Laceys Solicitors LLP decision is final.
Winner selection, contact and delivery:
- Between 1pm and 3pm on 28th August 2018 the Winner will be selected from all the eligible Entries, to win the Prize(s) (the “Winner”).
- The Winner will be contacted via www.twitter.com and www.facebook.com, and via direct message will have to give their telephone number and email address provided on their respective Entry. Once notified the Winner may be required to provide Laceys Solicitors LLP for proof with their full name, home address, telephone/mobile number and date of birth, if not already provided. The Winner may, in Laceys Solicitors LLP’s absolute discretion, be required to sign all necessary waivers, consents, or permissions of any nature required by Laceys Solicitors LLP together with an agreement ratifying the rights granted to Laceys Solicitors LLP herein (and any other documents reasonably required by Laceys Solicitors LLP) (the “Required Agreement(s)”). The Winner must respond to Laceys Solicitors LLP’s notification confirming their acceptance of the Prize within forty-eight (48) hours. If the Winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours on first notification attempt, or if the Winner rejects the Prize, or if or the Winner fails to provide a valid address for delivery of the Prize or if the Winner’s home address or email returns as “undeliverable”, or if the Winner’s telephone/mobile does not work, then Laceys Solicitors LLP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify the Winner without any further liability to that person and offer the Prize to another Entrant selected from all remaining eligible Entries. In the event that the Winner is unable for whatever reason to accept the Prize, or in the event of non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions, relevant laws, Rules and regulations and restrictions, or if the Required Agreement(s), if required, is/are not properly executed, Laceys Solicitors LLP shall be entitled at its discretion to disqualify such Winner, without any further liability to that person and the Prize will be forfeited and an alternative Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible Entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. You agree to comply fully with each provision in the Rules.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP will endeavour to either deliver or arrange collection of the Prize to the Winners within three (3) working days from the date of Winner’s confirmation unless stated otherwise. Laceys Solicitors LLP, prize provider and their agents will not be liable where a Prize has been lost or stolen following delivery and such Prize will not be replaced.
- For the avoidance of doubt any expenses not specified in these Terms and Conditions are the sole responsibility of each Winner, including without limitation travel and accommodation costs and food and drink.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns) accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed, or for any difficulty experienced in accessing or submitting your Entry. Late, damaged, defaced, illegible, incomplete or suspected fraudulent entries will not be accepted. Proof of dispatch of the Entry (whether electronic or postal) will not be accepted as proof of receipt by Laceys Solicitors LLP.
- Each of the 4 Prizes consist of a one Family Season ticket (2 adults and 2 children) which allows free entry into all Bournemouth first IV home games at Chapel Gate during the 2018-2019 rugby season.
- There is no alternative Prize. The Prize is non-changeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and is not for re-sale. Laceys Solicitors LLP reserves the right to change the Prize or any part of the Prize (to an alternative Prize or part of the Prize of equal or greater value) for any reason, in its sole discretion.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant or participant howsoever arising from participating in the Competition or from accepting any Prize whether due to any error, omission or other caused by Laceys Solicitors LLP or its employees, agents or others, provided that nothing in the Rules shall exclude or limit Laceys Solicitors LLP’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud.
- Entries that are incorrect or incomplete will be void. No refund will be made for the cost of any Entry. Laceys Solicitors LLP may refuse to award the Prize, or withdraw the Prize, in the event of your fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under the Rules.
- By entering the Competition you warrant and represent that your Entry does not and shall not contain any material that, in Laceys Solicitors LLP’s sole discretion (including but not limited to): (i) impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, without such person or entity’s prior written consent; (ii) constitutes personally identifying information or other personal or identifying information about you or any individual; (iii) is false, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, indecent, criminally obscene, pornographic, unlawful, blasphemous, defamatory, libellous, fraudulent, tortuous, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, or racially or ethnically offensive, or contains nudity, pornographic images, explicit sexual themes or graphic violence; (iv) encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, could give rise to criminal or civil liability (such as breach of copyright), or could violate any law, or that could otherwise be considered inappropriate; (v) constitute a virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file or program that is harmful or invasive or may, or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, Laceys Solicitors LLP or any hardware, software, or equipment; (vi) constitutes any advertising, promotional material, or other form of solicitation; or (vii) constitutes any non-public information about a company.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns) is not responsible for internet, network, telephone line or communication failures of any kind or for entries that are incomplete, corrupted, incomprehensible or not received before the Closing Date and Closing Time. Such entries will be void.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns) make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any participation in connection with this Competition. Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, reviews, ratings, rankings, or other materials, whether caused or created by authorized web site users, by tampering or “hacking”, “scrapping” or by any of the equipment, software, or programming related to the Competition and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to Competition. Additionally, Laceys Solicitors LLP is not responsible for any cancellation of the Competition. Each Winner accepts the Prize entirely at their own risk. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of continuing as planned because of including but not limited to; strikes, industry conditions, marketplace demands, flood, fire, “Act of God”, unavailability of the Artist or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns), could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Competition, Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns) reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition.
- You hereby agree to release and hold harmless Laceys Solicitors LLP, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies and its respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, shareholders and Prize’ partners (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any claims, actions, injury, loss or damages of any kind, including but not limited to, any damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in, or downloading of any materials or software in connection with, this Competition, personal injury or death (except for liability for death, personal injury and damage or loss caused by negligence by Laceys Solicitors LLP, which is not excluded) resulting from participating in this Competition or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize awarded or participation in any Prize-related activity. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income, or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Eligible participants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Competition or the Prize awarded. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees do not make any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to any promotional web site and Releasees shall not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors related thereto. These terms give you specific legal rights. The provisions regarding implied warranties are void in some jurisdictions where implied warranties are prescribed by law.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP cannot promise that the services relating to this Competition, will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available, uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any problem with any network or line, system, server, software, or for any technical malfunction or failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Laceys Solicitors LLP. Laceys Solicitors LLP do not accept responsibility where all or any part of the service relating to the Competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- Should one or more provision of these Terms and Conditions and Rules be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision(s) shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions and Rules will remain in full force and effect.
- Please note that by that entering the Competition you are consenting to Laceys Solicitors LLP using that Entry immediately and any rights you may have to withdraw from or cancel your Entry (including but not limited to under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) will be lost because the performance of our services is simultaneous and begins immediately once your Entry is completed.
- Nothing in these Terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer. For more details on these statutory rights you should contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Privacy and Data Collection:
- For the avoidance of doubt Laceys Solicitors LLP as the Competition promoter will be the data processor of the personal data collected from you and/or third parties in order to enter you into the Competition and to include you on its mailing list.
- By submitting your Entry to this Competition, you expressly permit Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns) to identify you as the contributor of such Entry and the content of such Entry to the Competition in any publication in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, unless you otherwise notify Laceys Solicitors LLP in writing at the time you submit your Entry.
- By entering the Competition the Winner agrees to participate free of charge in such reasonable promotional activity and material as Laceys Solicitors LLP may require and it shall be a condition of being awarded the Prize that such Winner must consent and agree to do so
- By entering the Competition, you hereby grant to Laceys Solicitors LLP (and its licensees, affiliates and assigns); a non-exclusive worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable licence without further payment, to use, edit, copy, transmit, display, exploit, manipulate, distribute, reproduce, make, sell or offer to sell; exercise all copyright, trademark, publicity and other proprietary rights (and to sub-licence such rights) to your Entry, your likeness, your Twitter and/or Facebook ‘handle’ (being your unique Twitter or Facebook account name, as applicable), any photographs and/or video footage featuring you and taken in relation to the Prize and/or the Competition, and any information you provided or any part thereof, in any and all media (by any and all means now known or developed in the future), including without limitation, use on commercial audio or video products and all forms of advertising and merchandise.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Winners’ surnames and the county they live, may be disclosed to anyone requesting details of the Winners’ within one (1) month of the Closing Date, by enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Bournemouth RFC competition January 2017, Laceys Solicitors LLP, at 5 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 5QL.
- These Rules are governed by English law and by entering this Competition you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Although Laceys Solicitors LLP will use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that the Competition runs smoothly, Laceys Solicitors LLP reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of circumstances outside its control, including without limitation, a major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, strike, flood, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar event, or the postponement or cancellation of the Event. No liability shall attach to Laceys Solicitors LLP as a result thereof. If a sufficient number of eligible Entries (as determined by Laceys Solicitors LLP, in its sole discretion) are not received by the end of the Competition Period, Laceys Solicitors LLP reserves the right not to award the Prize.
- Laceys Solicitors LLP decision on all matters relating to the Competition is final and Laceys Solicitors LLP will not enter into any correspondence regarding the Competition.